You have your own personal devil. We all do.
We all have a side to us that desires our destruction. Isn’t that true for you?
Even if your best seasons and happiest moments, there’s a devil within just waiting for you to get hurt, rejected, or wronged in order to take over the course of your life.
You may think this isn’t true, but that side of you has a voice:
- It’s the endless chatter of negativity that fills your mind.
- It’s the opposing voice that questions you each time you consider making a change in your life for the better.
- It’s that critical bastard that puts you down and reminds you of what he thinks you really are.
- It’s the part of you that says, “You can’t do it.”
- It’s the part of you that says, “You don’t deserve it.”
- It’s the part of you that says, “Greatness only happens to other people—not you!”
Daily Things Destroy Us
No matter what area of life, it’s the daily things that we don’t consider that are destroying us.
- It’s the daily neglects, meanness, harsh words, and lack of affection that eventually destroy relationships.
- It’s the daily consumption of processed foods, sugar, carbs—and the lack of vegetables—that create obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and more.
- It’s the wasteful spending, increasing of debt, and lack of saving that ruins people financially.
- It’s the daily lack of investment in yourself and your skills that eventually get you on the unemployment line.
In the same way, it’s the daily thoughts and conversations we have with ourselves—“self-talk”—that eventually rob us of the life we claim we want.
That voice is the devil within, and once something bad happens, that devil will take over and try to complete the destruction of your life.
Isn’t it true that we’re not paying attention to this voice? Most people have no plan or method for taking control of these things.
Blocking the Path to Paradise
As in all things, AWARENESS is the starting point, but then we must create new habits that can actually create a PARADISE within, and this is what we should strive for.
In essence, you could say that we’re all in search of paradise, and paradise means “an idyllic—or extremely happy or peaceful—place or state of being.”
Our darker side deceives us with destructive thoughts we believe are true, and that constant conversation blocks our path to paradise.
I’m not suggesting we’ll find any utopia where there are no problems.
What I’m saying is that the life we could be living is so much greater than we’re living now that it’s as if it’s a paradise. And we should be seeking it!
This is what I’m covering this week in my 5-video series, Dealing with Your Devil & Finding Your Paradise. This is all show in my Life Domination Online Coaching Program—which I would LOVE to have you join—but I always show the first episode for free here on my blog:
If you’d like to join my Life Domination Online Coaching Group, you can learn about it here. It’s only $19.97 per month, and that provides you access to all the videos—as well as the archives of past teaching series—as well as an invitation to the private Facebook group where the videos are shown.
The best part is that you’ll be in that private group along with me and other committed people just like you. I can’t begin to tell you how encouraging it is. You’ll receive the daily support you’re looking for to help you create your best life.